Every dish starts with an onion from Roussel Onions!
But do you know which type of onion to use for a particular dish?
Let us introduce you to the 'who is who' of the onion world.
- The yellow onion is the most commonly used onion, because it fits in many dishes. For example, it can be used in soups, sauces, broths and all kinds of stews.
- Red onion is usually used raw in dishes, such as salads, sandwiches or on a hamburger. It adds a nice touch of colour to all kinds of dishes.
- Pink onions have a taste similar to shallots.
- Spanish onions are larger in size and have a sweeter (softer) taste due to their higher sugar content. This onion is ideal for pâté and Oriental dishes such as all kinds of curries.
- All our onion varieties are also available in an organic version!
Go for convenience in the kitchen and buy our high quality peeled onions or even pre-cut onions.
That way, you save time and hassle, without compromising on quality.